Monday, November 9, 2009

Flime Ties When You're Blabbing Hon!

Or Time Flies When You're Having Fun, or Life Goes Fast!

Yes, my sweaters have dried in the past two weeks (I have another load I have to lay flat as we speak), we've had Halloween (a drawn out yet fun weekend of 3 parties, Trick or Treating and post trick or treating get together with friends), Derby Lite has half moved to a new space and is dealing with many coincidentally timed administrative events (and it's not fun stuff), I have a dress to wear to the event of the month (Derby Lite's 2nd Birthday party), looking to skating with the girls in the first Derby Lite Friends and Family Skate at D'Lite House (coincidentally timed to be exactly two years from our first practice), and am contemplating my upcoming month of arts events (seriously, I don't see concerts or shows for a year and I had one this weekend, 3 in the next week and a half, and two more coming up), and I'm continuing to skate and do yoga, and work out. Oh yeah, and we have the holidays coming up, right?

So things are busy. Mostly good, but busy. I've been reflecting on the past couple of years lately, many reasons to do that, but sorry, not bloggable. (I know, I've been told I'm a tease). And realize how important they have been to me. I think my 30s were a time of stability for me. I got a grown up life and my main focus was working, until I had kids (late 30s). My forties have been a time of figuring out who I am, minus much of the work identity (which literally got me through my late 20s and 30s), plus kids, plus what else is there?? And along came some great women (on and off skates), and Derby Lite. I didn't know what I was looking for. But of course it's more complicated than that. I had to be ready for it when it appeared. And I guess, now I'm still getting ready, just not quite sure for what. But I'm hoping my eyes, ears and heart will be open when life starts talking to me.

In the meantime, life flies by. Sweaters to dry, garages to clean out, kitchens to clean (yet again), kids to raise, etc. etc. etc.

No comments: