Friday, October 23, 2009

Winter Laundry



If you know me at all, you know I find laundry a tedious, overwhelming and heinous chore, only made bearable by the fact that I like clean clothes. As I was doing laundry today I realized why winter laundry is even worse than summer laundry.

1. More layers = more clothes in the laundry= more loads.
2. Socks (enough said).
3. Bigger clothes (jeans, etc.) = more loads
4. Even more "dry flat" labels. I do not posess endless horizontal space on which to nicely lay out blouses and sweaters that need to "dry flat".

I have taken over the hall bath (aka the girls' bath) with my "delicates". Maybe in my next life I will request a huge finished laundry room with a minimum of 20 feet of counterspace and another 20 feet of hanging space. (I didn't mention that every possible hook and rod is covered with undies, bras, tights, derbyskinz, cami's and things that don't have to dry flat but can't go i the dryer....) For now, I just have to hope the girls don't trample my clothes.

Uh, and no, you don't need a bath tonight, you can wait until my sweater dries!

2 comments:

Lisa aka Only Mom said...

I, too, find the whole "dry flat" thing annoying. I don't do that anymore.
I either take them to the dry cleaner or I hang them up to dry, on a clothes line (or bathtub rod).

Unknown said...

I love my radiators for drying things flat.