Sunday, May 23, 2010

Energy-less

Before I had kids I wondered if I had enough energy to have kids. I still wonder that. I like naps (and I have napped since high school). I like sitting around and reading. I cannot do 14 things every day. One major event a day is enough for me. I...run...out...of ....energy. And going out at night? Well that's a herculean effort (several times a week at this point). So what's a mom with low energy to do besides getting a Latte every afternoon? Well there are still those naps (I can sleep for 15 minutes in the car with NPR on the radio and always wake up in time to pick up the girls from wherever they are). But man, I can give myself such a hard time about it. But maybe, just maybe I have some other qualities beside energy that are worthwhile. Maybe, just maybe, I could cut myself some slack. So I'm not manic. Maybe that isn't so weird after all. Maybe it isn't the be all end all. I'll dream upon it, during my next nap.

No comments: