Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lemonades from Lemons

If you read this blog, you'll know that I bonked my car's bumper on another car last week. Yup. Need a new bumper. So that's the lemons. I will be paying for most of it as we had chosen a high deductible. (Ken Doll the economist determines most of these things, and I say "ok" which usually works out). But the lemonade is a complete detail! My one year old car was very sad inside. My 9 year old wanted to sit in a booster because the seat was too icky!! And soon after I got the car, someone banged a door or something into the front wheel panel and left both paint marks and scratches. (These things only happen when a car is new). Apparently they buff the car during the detail which should get out most of the paint and at least reduce the scratches.

So this morning, I get to go pick up my new car. New bumper, newly cleaned, newly buffed. (Sounds like a spa treatment, doesn't it?) And the person who's car I bumped? Never called me. Maybe I didn't scratch their bumper. Maybe I just get karma points for leaving a note. Karma points are pretty good lemonade too.

Now I just have make sure I look all the way around when pulling out of a parking space.

No comments: