Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I hear ya!

Occasionally, I really do need to stop and listen. Today was well orchestrated. Kids home from school, pick up sitter at 10am, get eyebrows waxed 10:30, shop for Christmas Eve and Day dinners at grocery store, drop off groceries at home, go to gym at precisely 1pm, drop off sitter at 2:00, take kids to movie (The Princess and the Frog, which I might add I've been told has a take charge princess which is better than lazy Sleeping Beauty). Screeeeeeech. Nope. First I have to scrape the snow off the car, I used the automatic ignition to warm up the car to help clear the snow off. Opened the car door, put the key in the ignition, closed the door. Click. Car is locked with my purse, keys and phone in it and it's running. Oh, and of course the house is locked. Luckily my neighbor M was just leaving and offered to let us stay in her house (so I could see the car running) to wait. I also used her phone to call Ken Doll. And after I organized myself and between K and I called all the people I was supposed to see in the next 45 minutes, he called a locksmith who appeared within 10 minutes of being called (seriously). It took the locksmith all of 4 minutes to get into my car. It took him at least twice that long to write up the sales check and run the credit card. So my well orchestrated plan was out the door, and re organizing seemed like way too much work for my stressed brain, so I decided to heed the universe and slow down for the day. G and I went to the grocery store and we're going to an earlier movie (me, 4 girls, a nanny and 1 year old....should be fun).

Yeah, sometimes things do not go the way we plan.

No comments: