Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's a New Year (again)

My friend, Scarlett O'Hatchet's post on facebook about focus areas for 2010 reminded me that I had posted something here about goals for 2009. (I'm surprised I actually remember that, by the way). Here's the shortcut version of how I did, or how the year did, or something:

1. Make life less complicated: Well there's always next year. Seriously this is hard! Several things have conspired to continue to make life complicated, most importantly I am now a co-owner of Derby Lite, LLC and that has become time consuming and schedule crunching in odd ways. But good ways, so maybe I can live with complicated for now and just continue to prioritize.

2. Do exercise I enjoy first, and then do the stuff I do because I should: SUCCESS. I am now committed to more physical activity than ever before, and I like it. I anticipate skating 2xs/week, yoga (with friends) once a week, and I'm on a fairly good schedule of weights and core twice per week. More cardio wouldn't hurt, but.....

3. Enjoy my girls: This is tricky. They are getting older and so discipline is always changing. But I think this was a good year for enjoying my two completely different daughters. I heartily recommend getting help with the hard parts (from wherever you can find it...friends, teachers, relatives, etc.).

4. Oh, and wear more sparkly shorts: Mission Accomplished!

I will post about 2010 later after I figure out what comes next and what my goals are for next year. I think I've mastered #4, so now have to think of something else to fill that spot.

No comments: